Like what you heard? Rate and review the podcast here on iTunes.
- Conflict is inevitable (it’s not when but how you lead in it)
- Differences of opinion
- Conflict is an opportunity (humble or proud)
“Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” Ronald Reagan
- It’s not about whose right, but rather what’s effective
- What outcome do you want?
- Leadership means influencing that outcome
- Conflict will make or break your family (Relief or pain, which will you choose?)
- Steam roll your spouse, child, family member
- Put on your Judge’s robe-Interrupt constantly (this lets the person know you don’t care about what they have to say)
- Become a broken record and restate your perspective over and over again
- Start yelling
- Walk out – impossible to move forward if you’re not there
- Play History Buff
- Use insults
- Use Hyperbolic phrases like “Always and Never”
- Seek first to understand, then be understood (Steven Covey) Find the real meaning behind it!!
- Validate the feelings of the person you offended (You’re saying ______________________ and I can see how that would be hurtful, offensive, rude, etc.”
- Ask for forgiveness
- Are you a Steam Roller or a Listener? Are you seeking first to understand?
- Do you validate the feelings of your spouse, child, family member?
- Do you humble yourself, say your sorry, and ask forgiveness?
As a leader, it’s your responsibility to guid a disagreement toward peace and unity in your family.As a leader, it's your responsibility to guid a disagreement toward peace and unity in your family. Click To Tweet