John Maxwell: The Lens Principle
John Maxwell Quote:
“Who We Are Determines How We See Others”
John Maxwell gives great insights on winning with people. This principle comes from his book, Winning With People.
- Who you are determines what you see
- Who you are determines how you see others
- Who you are determines how you view life (Story of children who put Limburger cheese under Grandpa’s nose)
- Who you are determines what you do
Five things that determine who we are:
- Experiences in life
- Attitude and Choices About those Experiences
John Maxwell Quote
“We have only limited control over what we experience. However, we have complete control over our attitudes. Whether our outlook is up or down, expectant or reluctant, open or closed is completely our choice. I may not be able to change the world I see around me, but I can change what I see within me.” – John Maxwell
Charlie Jones Quote
“The difference between who you are today and who you will be in five years will be the people you spend time with and the books you read.” – Charlie Jones
Questions for reflection:
- How would you describe people in general?
- How would you describe your attitude?
- What experiences did you have in childhood that shape who you are?
- Do you agree with the quote from Charlie Jones?
- What personal qualities would you like to cultivate?
Like what you heard? Subscribe and rate on iTunes by clicking here!